Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Calgary Temple




We are so excited that the Calgary, Alberta temple is now complete. I had so much fun touring it with all our family and friends and even having friends lead the tours, before it gets officially dedicated. Over 100,000 people were able to come and see inside what I think is really a peice of heaven on earth, even though it was a tad squishy in there. 


One of my favourite rooms inside the temple was the Celestial Room. It is such a beautiful room which instantly evokes such peaceful feelings when your inside . One of my favourite parts of this room is the massive Swarovski crystal chandelier and a soaring panelled ceiling that "is meant to envision heaven."  

My other favourite room was the sealing room which symbolizes the families eternal nature. There are large mirrors that when you look through appears like the image in the mirror goes on forever. It was so nice to be in there with my family and remember my wedding day again. 
It was so nice that most of my family was able to make it as it seems hard to get us all together lately especially under such fun circumstances. Here is us at the temple, only missing Tessa (too cool to come... just kidding.)

From far left: Britlyn, Alexa, Maria, Joel, Mom, Dad, Me, and Darren


I love my family so much and it was so hard to see them leave but I had a great weekend to remind me what is really most important in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment